Gametime 2013 – No. 5 Georgia at No. 8 Clemson
The Georgia Bulldogs are set to open the 2013 season on Saturday when they travel to face the Clemson Tigers. The game will be televised nationally by ABC at 8 p.m. ET.
Georgia has played Clemson 62 times in their history, winning 41 of those contests against 17 losses and 4 ties.
The Bulldogs finished the 2012 season 12-2 overall, won the SEC Eastern Division, and knocked off Nebraska 45-31 in the Capital One Bowl. Clemson finished the season 11-2 and beat LSU 25-24 in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.
ESPN Gameday will broadcast live from Clemson beginning at 9 a.m. ET on Saturday morning.
Georgia returns most of their offense from 2012, including quarterback Aaron Murray, tailbacks Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall, and receiver Malcolm Mitchell.
There’s no doubt that the Bulldogs we be able to gain yards and score points. The real question will be Georgia’s defense, which is mostly young and inexperienced.
Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham certainly has his work cut out for him. But if he can mold the youngsters into a respectable unit, big things could happen for the Dawgs in 2013. It all starts in Death Valley on Saturday night!
Georgia at Clemson
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013, 8 p.m. ET
- TV: ABC (HD)
- Broadcast: Brent Musburger (play-by-play), Kirk Herbstreit (analyst), Heather Cox (reporter)
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 41-17-4 against Clemson.
- Georgia has won 5 straight over Clemson, including a 30-0 shutout in their last meeting in 2003.
- Mark Richt is 2-0 against Clemson.
- Georgia is 10-2 in season-openers under Richt.
- Georgia’s all-time record in season-openers is 90-26-3.
- Clemson Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2013 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2013 Clemson Tigers Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com