Gametime 2013 – Georgia Bulldogs at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
This afternoon, the Georgia Bulldogs travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The game will be televised by ABC at 3:30pm ET.
The game marks the 108th edition of “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate”, one of the nation’s most heated in-state rivalries. Georgia leads the overall series 63-39-5 and has dominated the Yellow Jackets of late, winning 11 of the past 12 meetings.
Georgia (7-4, 5-3 SEC) has completed their SEC schedule and is bowl eligible once again. The Dawgs are likely headed to the Gator Bowl with a win, and could fall to the Music City Bowl with a loss.
Georgia Tech has an identical record, 7-4 overall and 5-3 in the ACC, will also head to a bowl this season.
Georgia and Georgia Tech’s first meeting was in Athens in Nov. 4, 1893. Tech won that game 28-3. The Bulldogs won last year’s meeting 42-10 in Athens. The Bulldogs haven’t lost to the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta since the 51-48 Jasper Sanks non-fumble game in 1999.
For an in-depth preview of the game with predictions, check out Dr. SEC’s UGA-GT Preview & Predictions column.
Georgia at Georgia Tech
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, 3:30pm ET
- TV: ABC (national)
- Broadcast: Bob Wischusen, Rod Gilmore, Quint Kessenich
- Captains: David Andrews, Corey Campbell, Garrison Smith, Kosta Vavlas
Inside the numbers
- Georgia is 63-39-5 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 11-1 against Georgia Tech.
- Mark Richt is 4-1 against Paul Johnson.
- Georgia is ranked 15th in Total Offense with 494.6 yards per game.
Georgia Tech is 46th with 435.7 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 19th in Scoring Offense with 37.9 points per game.
Georgia Tech is 22nd (tie) with 36.8 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 40th in Total Defense with 370.9 yards per game.
Georgia Tech is 18th with 342.6 ypg.
- Georgia is ranked 77th (tie) in Scoring Defense with 29.0 points per game.
Georgia Tech is ranked 24th with 21.0 ppg.
- Georgia is ranked 105th in Turnover Margin (-7 ratio).
Georgia Tech is 75th (-2 ratio).
- Georgia is ranked 89th in Fewest Penalties Per Game (6.36 per game).
Georgia Tech is 39th (tie) with 5 ppg.
- Gameday Central – GeorgiaDogs.com
- 2013 Georgia Football Schedule – Sicemdawgs.com
- 2013 Georgia Tech Football Schedule – FBSchedules.com