The Georgia football team resumed workouts for the 2016 season opener with a two-hour practice Wednesday at the Club Sports Complex on Milledge Avenue.
Following the practice, Bulldogs head coach Kirby Smart addressed the media:
• On the day: “Cooler today and we saw good tempo and excitement. Two days off (Sunday and Monday) probably helped them coming back.”
• On quarterbacks Greyson Lambert, Brice Ramsey and Jacob Eason: “We’ll narrow it to two, but we haven’t done that yet. There’s no timeline. We are evaluating day by day and still working through it. All three are still rotating. We’ll work on it until we figure it out. Nobody has jumped out yet. We’ll make a decision and go forward in due time.”
• On when the game planning for North Carolina begins: “We’ve been game planning as coaches, but not really with the players. We’ll slowly start that (Thursday) and add a little more the next day.”
• On tailback Nick Chubb’s return: “Nick has done everything we’ve asked him to do.”
• On kickers and punters: “Kicking hasn’t played itself out yet. Marshall (Long) has done the best job at punter, but Brice continues to work. It’s not over till it’s over.”
• On if he’ll wear a visor during games: “I haven’t decided yet. It depends on the day. I always have one ready. I haven’t really thought about that yet, but I do like wearing visors.”
Georgia opens the 2016 season on Saturday, Sept. 3, against North Carolina in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. and the game will air on ESPN.
The Bulldogs’ home opener is Saturday, Sept. 10, against Nicholls with kickoff slated for noon. Tickets are $50 each and can be ordered online through GeorgiaDogs.com or by calling 1-877-542-1231 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.