New details have emerged today concerning the proposed Georgia-Florida contract. The new contract, when approved, will keep the Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville through 2016.
Listed below are some of the details from the proposed contract:
- Georgia and Florida will each get 41,000 tickets to sell
- Jacksonville will pay for three 50-seat private planes for Georgia
- Each school will receive $50,000 for travel costs
- Each school will receive 1,500 parking spaces
- Jacksonville will guarantee that the Greater Jacksonville Agricultural Fair will not be held the same weekend as the Georgia-Florida game
What stands out most are the three private planes for Georgia. The planes will fly the Bulldogs from Athens to St. Augustine prior to the game, and from Jacksonville to Athens after the game. This will definitely aid in the slight travel disparity between the two teams.
- Bulldogs, Gators Score With New Jacksonville Deal – OnlineAthens.com
- Jacksonville Ups The Ante For Florida-Georgia Game – Jacksonville.com