The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry continues on Saturday when the 7-3 Auburn Tigers visit Sanford Stadium to take on the 5-4 Georgia Bulldogs. The game will be televised at 7:00 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Saturday will be the 133th game between the two schools. The series began in 1892 and Auburn has the overall lead 53-51-8. However, the Dawgs have won the last three games in the series including two at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
The Bulldogs are in desperate need of a win at home to become bowl eligible and to improve their bowl chances.
Inside the numbers
- Auburn-Georgia is the 7th most played series in football.
- Georgia has won 3 straight in the series for the first time since 1982.
- Georgia is ranked 119 (tied for last) in penalties per game.
- Georgia is ranked 119 in turnover margin.
- Georgia is ranked 120 in turnovers gained.
- Georgia is ranked 88 in total offense.
- Georgia is ranked 62 in scoring offense.
- Georgia is ranked 36 in total defense.
- Georgia is ranked 71 in scoring defense.
- Georgia is ranked 1 in net punting.